Add a video to an event
This tutorial assumes that you are logged into your Dashboard and have the role "Calendar: Editor".
Note: With this "Calendar: Editor" role, you are only allowed to edit events that have been "Approved and Published" to the SLS Website. Any events that are pending approval, you will not have the authorization to edit.
- From your Dashboard, click the "Manage Events" link.
- Scroll through the events to find the event you need to change and click its "edit" link. You may also find your event with the following methods:
- Type the event's ID into the "Event ID" field and click the button named "Apply". or...
- Click on any of the column headings to sort by "Event ID", "Title", "Event Start Date", or "Last Updated" date.
- In the field "Event Description", enter the <iframe> code (from YouTube or elsewhere).
- To directly view and work with the HTML, click the button named "Source".
- Paste the <iframe> code into the HTML. Here's sample code from a YouTube video:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/j_X4vPcPNEU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- To finish, click the "Save" button.
NEVER change the date, time, or room number of the event or else the event will become unpublished. If you happen to do this by accident, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may recover it.