You can add images to your student pages by following the simple steps below:
- Login to your dashboard and open your page for editing. If you need help with this step, visit the login tutorial or editing tutorial.
- On the right side of the page, click Choose File under the Upload an image category
- Select the image that you want to add and then click Open.
- The image name will appear in the right side bar. Then click the Upload button. You should see the image appear with various options next to it.
- For the style, you generally will stick to small, medium, and large. The size of the main content section is 460 pixels (the large option) so any image that is larger than this will be cut off.
- The Description section you can choose to leave blank or add a brief description of the image to help you identify the different images you've uploaded. This description wont appear on the page to viewers.
- For Alternative Text type a brief statement describing the image. Any time the image doesn't load properly or someone using a text reader visits the page they will see this text instead of just a blank box.
- Click where in the text you want to add the image then click the Insert button.
- To remove an image delete it from the content by clicking on it and then pressing the Delete key on your keyboard and click the Remove button on the right sidebar.
For more advanced image options, visit our Advanced Image Tutorial.