Board of Visitors
Since 1958, the Board of Visitors has played an important role in helping the dean of the law school respond to particular challenges facing legal education. Members of the Board are appointed by the dean and are selected for their distinction as leaders in law, business, and service to the public, and demonstrated commitment to the school. They meet as a group once each year to discuss a wide range of issues including the legal profession, legal education, short-term and long-term plans for Stanford Law School, and ongoing concerns in areas related to student admissions and careers, curricular initiatives, faculty research, alumni and constituent involvement, and resource needs. The Board’s input is critical to maintaining the school’s strong tradition of academic excellence.
- To attend and actively participate in the annual meeting of the Board of Visitors, and to join other members of the Board in hosting a dinner for students.
- To represent the law school actively, visibly, and consistently by providing thoughtful counsel to the dean, faculty, and administrators to ensure the law school’s continued growth and development.
- To act as ambassadors and advocates of the law school with its graduates and friends.
- To strengthen and develop graduates’ and friends’ ties to the law school through local and regional activities, the reunion program and other involvement opportunities.
- To provide and inspire financial support to the law school to the best of one’s ability and in a way that will set an example and benchmark for other alumni and friends.
- Office of External Relations
- Crown Quadrangle
559 Nathan Abbott Way
Stanford, CA 94305-8610
- 650 723.2730