Entrepreneurship in the "New Normal" Economy: What Does It Take? (Seattle)
May 9, 2011 5:30pm - 8:00pm
5:30 pm: Registration
6:00 - 8:00 pm: Program
GSB and Stanford alumni and guests are invited to an exciting evening with entrepreneurs and investors to explore what it takes to be an entrepreneur in a slowly recovering economy. You’ll hear from serial entrepreneurs and also from investors who fund new ideas and visions. Finding success as an entrepreneur has never been easy, but is it harder now? What are the new demands on entrepreneurs and the angels and venture capitalists who fund them?
Our panelists, all GSB graduates, represent a variety of industries and experiences. It’s sure to be a thought-provoking evening; please join us!
- Chris DeVore, Moderator, is co-founder of Founders Co-op, a $10M venture fund that backs seed- and early-stage entrepreneurs, with a specific focus on web and mobile software companies based in the Pacific Northwest.
- Sarah Daniels, MBA '92, is Chief Marketing Officer of Market Leader, the leading provider of marketing and technology solutions for real estate professionals.
- Rob Eleveld, MBA '97, is CEO of Shiftboard, Inc. a SaaS company that provides online scheduling and workforce management solutions.
- David Leeds, MBA '00, is founder and CEO of Tango Card, a company creating consumer-friendly products in the $100B gift card industry and ushering in the mobile purchase and use of gift cards.
- Byron McCann, MBA '78, founded Ascent Partners which is focused on investments, mergers & acquisitions, and strategic alliances for cleantech and IT companies.
- Tim Porter, MBA '03, is a Partner at Madrona Venture Group, a venture capital firm that invests in early-stage technology companies in the Pacific Northwest.
Cost is $35 and will include appetizers, wine, beer, and a selection of non-alcoholic beverages. Advanced registration is required by
Cancellations must be received be May 6 to ensure a full refund. Send cancellation of registration to Whitney Flynn via email or phone at 650.724.2709. Refunds will be processed after the event.