Brown Bag Information Session about State Department Summer Opportunities for 1Ls
October 4, 2012 12:45pm - 2:00pm
Professor Allen Weiner and Titi Liu of the Levin Center will be discussing the process of applying to the State Department as a 1L.
Here is a quick recap of the State Dept info session if you weren't able to attend:
- The State Department Office of Legal Advisors hires only through the 2L OCI process. (These lawyers are Civil Service and based in DC)
- For 1Ls, another opportunity to intern with a State Department Lawyer is through their Foreign Service internship program: Student Experience. There are three posts where lawyers are seconded: the US Mission to the Hague, the US Mission to International Organizations in Geneva) and the US Mission to the UN in New York. Students who intern in one of those posts can have an internship experience with substantive legal work.
- The bureaus to apply for are: EUR/Netherlands (for the Hague), USUN (the mission in NY), or IO?Switzerland (for Geneva).
- Students should apply directly through the link below.
- Professor Allen Weiner will forward materials to his legal contacts at the three missions who are looking for strong interns.
- If you need help with resume and cover letters, you can make an appointment with any Levin Center staff member.
DEADLINE is 11:59pm on Nov 2nd. IN ADDITION TO SUBMITTING YOUR INFORMATION THROUGH THE ONLINE PROCESS: https://state.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/326501200 you should also submit your application packet to Titi Liu (firstname.lastname@example.org) for forwarding to the State Department by Prof. Weiner.
- Titi Liu