Conference on Online Dispute Resolution
April 19, 2013 9:00am - 5:30pm
Please join us for a discussion on the rapidly expanding area of Online Dispute Resolution (ODR). In addition to guest speakers, the conference will include breakfast, lunch, and a cocktail hour reception. SLATA, ADSA, ILS, and the Gould Program on Negotiation and Mediation are co-sponsoring the event.
Although the capability for ODR has existed for years, the legal and technology communities are only beginning to bridge the gap between potential and actual use of ODR. There are many open questions. How will the promise of ODR to resolve disputes efficiently and fairly be realized? How will ODR affect the practice of law? What are the specific applications where ODR has provided and will provide the most benefit? Is regulation of ODR needed at the national, transnational, or international levels?
Panel 1: The Impact of ODR on the Practice of Law
- Ron Dolin, Lecturer in Law, Stanford Law School
- Richard S. Granat, Director, Center for Law Practice Technology and CEO/Founder, LawMediaLabs, Inc.
- Ayelet Sela, JSD Candidate, Stanford Law School
- Moderator: Nicholas Crews, JD Candidate, Stanford Law School
Panel 2: The Technology of ODR
- James Ring, CEO, Fair Outcomes, Inc.
- Loic Coutelier, Director of Arbitration and Product Manager, Modria.com
- Jin Ho Verdonschot, Justice Sector Advisor, The Netherlands
- Moderator: Roland Vogl, Lecturer in Law and Executive Director, Stanford Program in Law, Science and Technology
Panel 3: ODR in the International Arena
- Colin Rule, CEO, Modria.com
- Vikki M. Rogers, Director, Institute of International Commercial Law, Pace Law School
- Amy J. Schmitz, Professor of Law, University of Colorado School of Law
- Moderator: Janet Martinez, Senior Lecturer in Law and Director, Gould Negotiation & Mediation Program, Stanford Law School
For additional information and updates, please visit the conference blog at blogs.law.stanford.edu/codr2013/.