The Center for Law and the Necrosciences Presents...Law and the Undead II: Vampires!
October 31, 2013 12:45pm - 2:00pm
On October 31, come join the Center for Law and the Biosciences' sister organization, the Center for Law and the Necrosciences, as we present a humorous--and educational--discussion of undeath and the law.
This year, CLN will focus on the myriad issues surrounding vampire litigation:
- Does FDA have authority to regulate consumable blood?
- Is wrongful undeath an actionable tort?
- What are the federalism concerns over public health regulation of vampires?
- Is it a "prior restraint" to prohibit seductive vampire speech?
- Does awarding vampires copyrights for "their life plus 70 years" violate the Constitution?
- Are vampires people for purposes of the 14th Amendment?
- and, of course, does the Rule Against Perpetuities apply?
Lunch will be provided, but BYOB (bring your own blood).