Taking Stock: The Current Status of SEC, DOJ and other Government Enforcement Efforts
November 11, 2013 5:30pm - 7:00pm
In the inaugural Kirkland & Ellis Law Forum, co-sponsored by the Rock Center for Corporate Governance, panelists will discuss recent developments in SEC, DOJ, and other government enforcement efforts, including:
- Priorities and New Policies
- Escalating Penalties and Sanctions: When is Enough Enough?
- Admissions in SEC Settlements and DOJ Resolutions
- Coordination Among State and Federal Regulators
- Taking on the Government: Choosing Not to Settle
- Coordination Among Global Regulators
- Developments in FCPA Enforcement
- SEC Whistleblower Payments
Speakers will include Mark Filip, head of Kirkland & Ellis' Government & Internal Investigations Group and former Deputy Attorney General of the United States; Hon. Melinda Haag, United States Attorney for the Northern District of California; Robert Khuzami, partner at Kirkland & Ellis and former Director of Enforcement for the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission; and SLS Professor Joseph A. Grundfest as moderator.
- Arthur and Toni Rembe Rock Center for Corporate Governance
This event is free and open to the public, however, registration is required. Click here to register.