New Employee Information
Welcome to Stanford Law School!
I'm delighted that you have decided to join our community. You are now part of one of the nation’s leading institutions for legal scholarship and education. Our alumni are among the most influential decision makers in law, politics, business, and high technology. Our faculty members argue before the Supreme Court, testify before Congress, produce outstanding legal scholarship and empirical analysis, and contribute regularly to the nation’s press as legal and policy experts. SLS has established a new model for legal education that provides rigorous interdisciplinary training, hands-on experience, global perspective, and focus on public service, spearheading a movement for change. Our students are the leaders of tomorrow. And, our wonderful staff make this all possible.
M. Elizabeth Magill
Richard E. Lang Professor of Law and Dean
Table of Contents
Welcome to Stanford Law School! We hope you will find the information on this page helpful as you start your career at SLS. Watch this video for helpful tips and to get to know some of your colleagues!
Payroll and Information About Time Off
You will need a SUNet ID and password to access the Axess portal. Your SUNet ID is a unique identifier, specifically for you to use to access many online services at Stanford. For more information, please click here.
The University provides useful information for new employees on their new hire website - please make sure to review this site as well.
- Pay dates fall on the 7th and 22nd of each month. If those dates fall on a holiday or weekend, you will be paid on the buisness day prior.
- Direct Deposit
- Federal and State Withholdings
- Axess Timecard
- Policies on using your accruals
- 2014 University Paid Holidays
- Winter Closure - 2014 dates have not been designated yet. When we have more information to share with you about the University shut down, you will be notified directly and that information will be updated here.
- Information about the Family Medical Leave Act can be found here. Employee Rights and Responsibilities FMLA
- Information about Paid Family Leave, also called Temporary Family Disability can be found here.
Your To-Do List
We've put together a list of reminders for you not to forget since we know how busy and time consuming starting a new position can be. You can find the list of items below, or print the list To Do List.
- Request your SUNet ID and Password (Stanford University Network Identifier)
- Read and sign the Patent and Copyright Agreement found on Axess - see the Legal section located on the bottom right hand section of the page
- Complete your payroll forms on Axess - Employee Information
- Make your enrollment elections for benefits (you have 31 calendar days from date of hire)
- Obtain your Stanford ID Card
- Set up your voicemail
- Purchase a parking pass or look into commuter options or incentives if you are not driving to campus. Ride the train for free!
- Enter your emergency contact information on StanfordYou
- Sign up for all appropriate new hire trainings – especially the Sexual Harassment Prevention training!
- Read and familiarize yourself with the Administrative Guide Memos on the Code of Conduct and Sexual Harassment Prevention.
New Employee Required Training
All University employees are required to take the following training courses:
- General Safety & Emergency Preparedness (course code: EHS-4200).
- Employee Information Security Awareness (video: http://accounts.stanford.edu/manage)
- Ergonomics: Computer Workstation, if you use a computer at work (course code: EHS-3400)
- Computer Security Awareness, if you use a computer a work (course code: ISO-0001).
- Sexual Harassment Prevention for all non-supervisory staff (course code: SHP-0002).
- State mandated Sexual Harassment Prevention training for all supervisors and managers (includes faculty): call the Sexual Harassment Policy Office at 725-0646 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for information about enrolling.
- New Staff Orientation - Contact Kaylee Mosher (email@example.com).
If you have suggestions for ways we can add value to this site, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.