- Interlibrary Loan
- Library Conference Room Reservations
- Cool Things To Borrow
- Photocopying Facilities
- Cabinets & Shelves
- Student Journal Services
- Notary Public
- Student Services Brochure
Monographs may be charged out for one month. Hardbound journals and pamphlets circulate out of the library for one day or longer to a carrel. The Course Reserve collection circulates for 2 hours. If you are unable to locate a book, please bring the call letters to the Circulation Desk for assistance; staff there can tell you which carrel the material is in or can initiate a recall or search. The Library uses an automated circulation system and all patrons who want to borrow will need a barcoded ID card.
Crown Law Library maintains agreements with libraries around the globe to obtain books, articles, documents, and other materials not available at Stanford's campus libraries. This service is available for Stanford Law School faculty, students and staff. If the research materials you need cannot be obtained at Stanford, fill out Interlibrary Loan Request Form. Please consult the FAQ or contact our Interlibrary Loan Specialist with any questions you may have at email@example.com or 650 723.1932.
The Library has 2 photocopy machines, both of which offer letter, legal and ledger size (17" x 11") copies. One machine is in the small room behind the Loan Desk on the first floor. The other is located on the second floor in the Teaming Room. You may purchase a copy card in either room by using the black card dispensing machine. The cost of the card is $1.00. The new card must be activated by putting additional value onto it, again by using the card dispenser.
|Robert Crown Law Library (RCLL) is pleased to offer the following options, on a space-available basis:|
|1st floor:||Cabinets for SLS students|
Reservations can be made anytime throughout the year. Reservations end at the end of the academic year. Renewals are possible, on a space-available basis.
To make a reservation:
- Look around and note which shelf/cabinet number you prefer.
You may request up to two shelves/cabinets. If you need more than two, you may be accommodated on a space-available basis. (But if space gets tight, you may be asked to give up the additional ones.)
- Email request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reservations are made on a first-come, first-served basis. Reservations are confirmed by email from RCLL staff.
Once you have a reservation:
- Before you leave for the summer, please clear out your [shelf/cabinet], or, renew it.
- Materials left behind after the academic year will be processed by RCLL staff—library materials will be re-shelved, loose papers recycled, etc.
- If you stop needing your [shelf/cabinet] before the end of the academic year, please notify email@example.com.
- Check-out all Library materials; keep date slip in each item. Library materials not checked-out or without date slip may be re-shelved by RCLL staff.
- Keep the area tidy (piles straight, no trash, etc).
- Never leave valuables unattended.
Library borrowing must be set up through the law library before materials can be borrowed from campus libraries. Please check the authorized member lists from currently active journals and if your membership list is not posted, please do the following.
- Identify a library liaison, who will be responsible for returning recalled and overdue materials.
- E-mail the liaison's name and a list of students authorized to borrow for the journal to Naheed Zaheer.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to set up your library journal space and arrange for liaison & source puller training.
To recall books for student journals, please submit source-puller recall request form.
Mon-Thr 8:00AM - 12:00AM
Fri 8:00AM - 9:00PM
Sat 9:00AM - 9:00PM
Sun 10:00PM - 12:00AM
Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 6:00PM
Sat 3:00PM - 5:00PM
Sun 3:00PM - 5:00PM
Robert Crown Law Library
559 Nathan Abbott Way
Stanford, CA 94305
P: 650 725.0800
P: 650 723.2477
P: 650 723.1932