Crisis Intervention and Problem Solving
If you are uncomfortable contacting the instructor directly, contact Cathy Glaze, Associate Dean for Student Affairs 650 723.6203, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Emergency exam rescheduling is possible. Contact Cathy Glaze, Associate Dean for Student Affairs, 650 723.6203, email@example.com or Kim Borg, Registrar, 650 725.0145, firstname.lastname@example.org, before the exam is scheduled to begin. Further exam information is available in the Student Handbook or on the Student Affairs web page.
If you question a particular grade, the first thing to do is contact the instructor who gave you that grade. If, after that, you still feel the grade was unwarranted, you may file a grade grievance.
Honor Code/Fundamental Standard
If you have roommate or other housing issues, contact your residence office or the Graduate Life Office 650 736.7078 (9 a.m. to 3 p.m.)
Cathy Glaze, Associate Dean for Student Affairs, can provide advice and perspective. Her number is 650 723.6203.
Other options are:
- Vaden's Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS). The CAPS office is open 8:30-5:00 and the phone is answered 24 hours a day. The number is 650 723.3785.
- The Bridge peer counseling service, which provides free confidential counseling to the Stanford community 24 hours a day, by phone and on a drop-in basis. Call 650 723.3392 or visit in person at 581 Capistrano Way (near the Faculty Club and the International Center)
Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence
The YWCA Sexual Assault Center at Stanford is the on-campus resource for sexual assault and domestic violence. Call 650 725.9955 (24 hours a day)
The Law School has three Sexual Harassment Policy Advisers who can assist you if you have a concern. They are:
- Cathy Glaze, Associate Dean for Student Affairs
650 723.6203, email@example.com
- Deborah Rhode, Professor of Law
650 723.0319, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jennifer Trimble, Human Resources Officer
650 723.3574, email@example.com
In addition, the university has many other resources available. For more information, please see the website of the Sexual Harassment Policy Office.