The William H. Neukom Building
Take the Tour: Ground Floor
Barnum Tower, the Andrews Identity Wall, and the Mills Legal Clinic
The first stop on the tour is Barnum Tower (1) , the primary entrance to the new building which references the historic entry gates on the main quad. In the lobby adjacent to the Tower, the Andrews Identity Wall (2) is a focal point of this floor. Created by award-winning Ralph Applebaum Associates (the world's largest interpretive museum design firm), the Identity Wall is an innovative art installation that offers a dynamic window into the personality of the law school community via the experiences, perspectives and voices of students, faculty, alumni and staff.
Continue walking into the ground floor headquarters of the Mills Legal Clinic (3) . This suite is the kind of collaborative space found throughout the building, in which students, as well as clinic directors, teaching fellows and staff assemble. An open–plan office with 72 workstations is designed to foster team–style learning and informal interactions among clinic students and faculty. Satellite conference rooms off the main space can be used for research and writing or for private client consultations (reservations are not required: students can duck in for an impromptu working session). Glass partitions and nine skylights diffuse natural light throughout the floor, connecting the building's interior to its exterior. No dry–erase boards are used—a modern "wipeable" glass alternative makes an attractive writing surface. Overall, the clinic space is designed to encourage collaboration and reflect the school's vision for a dynamic, hands–on approach to legal education.
To Learn More
For more information about supporting Stanford Law School, please contact:
650 736.1238 (T)
650 725.9786 (F)