Stanford Law School Symposium: Emerging Perspectives on the Law, Science, and Policy of Dynamic Marine Conservation
May 10, 2013 - May 11, 2013
559 Nathan Abbott Way
Sponsored by the Stanford Environmental Law Journal, Stanford Journal of Law, Science & Policy and the Environmental and Natural Resources Law & Policy Program
Keynote Speakers: Kristina M. Gjerde Senior High Seas Policy Advisor, IUCN Global Marine and Polar Programme
Jane Lubchenco, former Administrator of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA); Mimi and Peter E. Haas Distinguished Visitor, Stanford Haas Center for Public Service
On May 10 - 11, 2013 join Stanford Law School and the Center for Ocean Solutions to learn about cutting-edge topics in Dynamic Ocean Conservation Law, Science, and Policy. The two-day symposium will convene speakers and experts from all across the globe in an effort to foster cross-disciplinary approaches to complex maritime problems at local, national, and international levels.
- Keynote: Jane Lubchenco
- Panel 1: Dynamic Management of Global Fisheries in a Changing Environment
- Panel 2: Coordinating International Governance for Marine Conservation
- Panel 3: Modeling and Protection of Dynamic Marine Ecosystems
- Keynote: Kristina Gjerde
- Panel 4: Fisheries Governance in Dynamic Systems
- Panel 6: Ocean Conservation Evaluation & Monitoring
- Closing Remarks
For the most update conference program, please click here.