The Arthur and Toni Rembe Rock Center for Corporate Governance is a joint initiative of Stanford Law School and Stanford Graduate School of Business. The Center was created to advance the understanding and practice of corporate governance in a cross-disciplinary environment where leading academics, business leaders, policymakers, practitioners, and regulators can meet and work together. Funded by a gift from legendary venture capitalist Arthur Rock and his wife Toni Rembe Rock, the Rock Center was founded at Stanford in 2006 with the belief that by examining what constitutes good corporate governance or how to measure it in new and more rigorous ways, we could shape the future of corporate governance.
The Rock Center produces research, online resources, educational programs, and course materials that provide a focal point for sustained empirical research in corporate governance. Research publications include:
• The Stanford Closer Look Series, a collection of short studies exploring topics, issues, and controversies in corporate governance by taking a targeted look at a specific issue and explaining why it is important.
• The Rock Center Working Paper Series, an e-library of research papers and abstracts on corporate governance topics.
The Rock Center hosts conferences and seminars to create a forum in which key questions can be tested and explored on topics addressing real-world governance practices. It also sponsors executive education programs locally and internationally. Directors’ College, the nation’s premier executive education program for directors and senior executives of publicly traded firms, is presented by the Rock Center annually at Stanford and is now in its twenty-first year.
Academic Year (enter only for practicums)
Related SLS Links
- Rock Center Website
- Register for Director's College 2015
- Sign up for the Mail List
- Rock Center for Corporate Governance at Stanford University Working Paper Series
- LLM in Corporate Governance
- Corporate Governance Research Initiative, Stanford Graduate School of Business